Junior – Mid level Quality Assurance Analyst
Start Mid-Feb 2021
Eyekandy is the world’s leading Augmented Reality (AR) agency. We work with many Brands and Retailers across the world to produce engaging AR shopper experiences. Using AR technology, we create a new ‘Discovery Channel’ to enable our brand partners packaging to come alive and educate and engage shoppers with immersive product AR messaging online and instore.
Interactive in-aisle games, follow-along recipes, fun face filters, brand and product values, all displayed in dynamic AR, in front of the shopper, launched off of the existing product packaging. Not only do we see our campaigns generate significant social buzz for our partners, we also regularly record sales uplifts of 35%+ with our AR campaigns, across a wide range of product categories. Our multi award winning, global AR shopping Platform, ‘Point & Place®’, is the world’s most adopted AR shopping platform, with over 600 retailers connected across 70+ countries.
See here for client and project examples
See here for impact of the campaigns
Purpose of the role:
Quality Assurance Analyst role is a crucial position that bridges the gap between the technical support team, the development team while, at the same time, carrying out tasks assigned by the QA Lead. This role enforces our quality standards and is integral to improving the product. Our team is growing and we’re recruiting for a Junior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Quality Assurance team.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the QA Lead in carrying out the various day-to-day tasks.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Identify, record and document defects thoroughly throughout the software development process.
- Provide relevant resolution steps to the technical support team.
- Report discovered defects to all relevant departments for correction.
- Carry out regression testing after code changes have been made.
- Analyse customer support tickets captured by the technical support team and escalate to QA for review.
- Collect assets for AR model production.
Relevant experience and key skills required:
- Ideally 2-3 years experience
- Manual functional testing experience (preferably with web-based applications).
- Experience of working in an agile methodology
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Software Testing Life Cycle
- Must have working knowledge and insights into testing best practices and implementation of unit, functional, integration, tooling and frameworks,
- A propensity to explore and understand highly complex software systems.
- Participating in daily stand-up meetings, retrospectives, and other agile procedures
- Able to perform tests using browser stack and perform cross browser testing & device testing
- Ensuring traceability is maintained through day to day testing
- Good face-to-face communication skills as well as the ability to easily work in a remote environment
- Capacity to work with diverse defect scenarios, as well as interacting with different stakeholders
- Experience with one or more defect tracking systems (E.g: Jira,SalesForce)
- Ability to analyse situations and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of augmented reality
- Knowledge of working with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Interest in the understanding and learning of a programming language
- Basic understanding of SQL
- Understanding of working in a cross-functional delivery team
- Understanding of Agile development (Scrum) highly desirable
- ISTQB / ISEB Foundation certified will be bonus
- London, UK is preferred but we will consider candidates with strong resumes from other areas.
- Depending on candidates experience